7 YEARS AGO - BLOGMAS DAY 20


Today is my 7 year anniversary at work. I can’t believe that I left my parents house when I was 19, took a flight on my own to Germany, a country I had never been to before, to do a training course for an airline. I can’t believe how determined I was to make it happen and how brave also. I didn’t even know how to cook when I left my parents house, but yet I got on a flight to spend 6 weeks away from home in a foreign country. It was the best 6 weeks of my life. If I could go back in time and repeat the experience, I would. I will admit that I’ve had my highs and lows during these seven years, but for the most part, I've bloody loved it. I absolutely adore the people I work with! It’s not the job, it’s not the airline, it’s not the passengers, it’s the colleagues, some of which I have the pleasure of calling friends. You really do meet some amazing gems along the way. 

It’s funny also how Ricardo now works for the same airline as a pilot. We started talking a year and bit before becoming boyfriend and girlfriend, when we were both still studying, and we used to joke about the fact that I wanted to be a cabin crew and that he wanted to be a pilot, and how one day I’d take his coffee to the flight deck. Well, fate is a funny thing, because just two years ago Ricardo got the job with the same airline and the day finally came where I did in fact, bring him coffee in the flight deck <3 

It’s also the first day of Winter today, yay! I love cold weather. I flew to Lithuania and it was covered in snow. So jealous that they’re gonna have a white Christmas, that must be the cosiest thing ever. Well, according to The Sun, we’ll be having a white Christmas in the UK too... but it did come in The Sun, so I wouldn’t hold my breath haha :-D

Lots of love, SFS.



No comments

Post a Comment

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig