IN LOVE WITH ORANGE


Lockdown is doing things to me guys. It’s making me gain weight for one, but the main thing it’s doing is making me spend money. I’m supposed to be saving for my wedding, but here I am splashing out cash on makeup and skincare every other day. I’m surprised I still don’t remember my card details and still need to do the walk of shame to my wallet in front of my fiancé every time I’m checking out.

Any who, spring is amongst us and that to me just means one thing, orange lipstick season! I have been a lover of orange toned lipsticks for many years, be it a true orange, a red-orange, a grapefruit, coral, whatever, I don’t care as long as it has some sort of orange in it. This year I went crazy and bought eight new orange lipsticks. Eight! When I swatched them all side by side the other day, I honestly couldn’t tell some of them apart. Oops! Having said that, I don’t regret a single purchase and I am very much in love with my new lippies. I will eventually post about them all, but for todays post I thought I would keep it simple and show you my current top three. 

(Stain the Matte Shaker leaves once rubbed off)

Let’s start with the Lancôme Matte Shaker in the shade Magic Orange. I heard a rumor recently that this line is getting discontinued. Don’t know if that’s true, but if it is, it’s a real shame! I love the packaging, it’s like a little cocktail shaker. You do actually need to shake the lipstick and when you open it it has a little sponge that is soaked with product and you run this over your lips. It feels a bit like water on your lips which is so refreshing. The colour payoff is also great considering how wet it is. After a few minutes it sets to a lovely matte finish. No stickiness or uncomfortable dryness. Just a lightweight formula that looks and feels really fresh. The colour is also beautiful, not really a true orange, it definitely has some hints of pink in there, but I love it nonetheless. The best part about this formula is that it fades so evenly and leaves behind a stunning stain. It’s quite hard to get rid of it, but I love that I don’t have to worry about reapplying and I can just pop a lip balm over it.


Another Lancôme offering and probably my favourite of the three, their L'absolu Lip Lacquer in the shade 515 Be Happy. I saw this on so many YouTube videos and every time I saw someone wearing it, I would head to the description box and find that it was shade 515. This formula is interesting, still very lightweight and wet, but feels like a balm at the same time. It’s also really long-lasting considering the amount of shine it has. It’s versatile in its wearability. What I mean is that it’s very buildable. You can apply one coat for a fresh, dewy lip, two coats for intense colour and shine, and three coats for even more shine and pigment. If you’ve tried any nudes from this range, please let me know which you’d recommend as I am very interested in trying some more. 


And last but not least, the Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl lipstick in the shade Orange Magnetique. The whole thing that got me started on this massive lipstick shopping spree was the fact that I am so into lip stains and balmy, comfortable lipsticks. I’m not so much into mattes and heavy formulas anymore. This lipstick was the first that I ordered and it did not disappoint. Once again the formula is beautiful, so creamy and glides on the lips like a dream. It doesn’t settle into any lines and feels so moisturising. The packaging itself is also worth a mention, because wow, would you look at that?! The colour is more of a grapefruit shade, but I bloody love it!


Any brands or shades you’d recommend? Let me know in the comments.

Lots of love, 
SFS.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig