A MINI, SPENDY, BEAUTY HAUL


If you read my previous post you will know that all I’ve done during this lockdown is spend money. I can’t help myself. It’s the only ‘normal’ thing I have left. I can’t go into the shops and browse, I can’t hang out with friends and family, so shopping online has really helped me through this time and brought a smile to my face. It also gives me something nice to look forward to. Have I excused myself enough yet? Ok, so here is post on some orders that arrived this week. 


Let’s talk eye cream. The one I am currently using is from Clinique as much as I like it, I don’t love it, so I wanted to try something new. Rodial is a brand I haven’t tried a whole lot from, but the few bits I have tried, I loved. I had a cheeky £10 Incentive on SpaceNK and used it towards this eye cream as it’s a hefty price tag. It’s their Vit C Eye Soufflé. I’ll be honest with you, I haven’t even touched the cream. I’m waiting for my current eye cream to finish before I dabble with this one. I don’t even want to ‘swatch’ it as it’s so pricey that I don’t want to waste it. Because of this, I can’t report on how it feels/first impressions, but as soon as I start using it, I will report back.


Since we’re talking of eyes, I wanted to buy some eye patches. I have used eye patches in the past and loved how they felt, but I always bought a single pack and wanted to get a pot with a few of them inside so that I can treat myself whenever I fancy it. I mainly like eye patches to deal with puffiness around my eyes, which is why I went with the Pixi DetoxifEye eye patches. It has 60 patches inside, so 30 pairs and it also comes with a spatula that makes it easier to separate and remove them. I have tried them and they felt very cooling and refreshing around the eyes. I love Pixi as a brand, so I wasn’t surprised when I loved this product from them.


Now here’s a thing I never thought I’d say, but I am very much into slicked back hair. I usually love volume and normally hate seeing my hair flat, but I am getting into sicked back low ponytails and buns. Again, usually I’d be more of a high top bun and a high ponytail kinda gal, so this is all new to me. But to aid my new slicked-back-hair-dreams, I bought a Texture Clay from Moroccanoil, just to help my hair stay in place and keep a matte finish. I fear that if it’s glossy, it might make my hair look greasy and that’s not the look I am going for. I am yet to try this, so hopefully I will have nice things to say about it in a future post.


As if ordering eight lipsticks wasn’t enough, I decided to order one more. If you don’t know what I am talking about, read my previous post. I’ve been obsessed with Lorna Luxe’s morning instagram stories where she does her makeup and she sold me on the Nars Afterglow Lip Balm in the shade Torrid. It’s a beautiful warm coral shade. It’s ever so sheer, that if you have slightly more pigmented lips like I do, you’ll barely be able to see it, but it’s there and it adds a beautiful something, something. It also smells amazing and the packaging is beautiful. This product requires no mirror, so you can apply this on the go and know that your lips will look juicy and plump. 


And last but not least, I bought the Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturiser in the shade Glow. Again, a Lorna Luxe influenced purchase. I have had this product in the past, but I bought such a dark shade back then that I ended up giving it to my mum and never thought about giving it another go. I was actually under the impression that I didn’t even like this, but I decided to give it a go again and I am so glad I did! The shade Glow is perfect for me at the moment. I am quite yellow and this has a lovely golden undertone, so it suits me just fine, however I do think that I could’ve gone with a slightly darker shade as I know that I tan easily. But I’ll just mix it with a darker foundation or some bronzing drops later in the summer. The coverage is light but it has a gorgeous glow and makes your skin appear so healthy. 

So that’s it… for now. Let me know your thoughts on these products if you’ve tried them and let me know if there are any others I should try.

Lots of love,
SFS.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig