CHANEL ROUGE COCO FLASH - THE PERFECT SPRING LIPSTICKS


With Spring finally here I had an urge to buy some new lip products. I spotted the Chanel Rouge Coco Flash lipsticks at the airport a couple of weeks ago and after swatching almost the entire collection, I ended up buying two shades. 

First things first, let’s talk about the packaging. Classic black and gold Chanel packaging but with a twist! The lid is see through so you can see the colour of the lipstick through it. I love how they somehow made something that can sometimes look tacky, look so elegant. 


Now onto the colours! I picked up shade 53 Chicness and 62 Fire. Chicness is a lovely brown toned nude. It’s very much ‘my lips but better’. I’m always drawn to these shades and if I’m being honest with myself I probably have about five or six lipsticks in my collection of a very similar colour, however what sets this one apart is the formula. The Rouge Coco Flash lipsticks are so creamy and moisturising, they feel like a balm. They contain a blend of oils which make them hydrating and they also leave a glossy look to the lips. If a lip balm, a lipstick and a lip gloss had a baby, it would be this. 

My favourite of the two is definitely Fire. I mean, the name says it all really! I live for orange toned lipstick during the warmer months and I can tell this one is going to be in my handbag all summer long. Because this is a hydrating formula, I like to swipe this on my lips and then rub it in with my fingers, exactly as I would a lip balm. I find that rubbing it in makes it look a bit more natural… well, as natural as an orangey red can look. 


They don’t last very long which is probably the only downside I can find to these, apart from the price of course, but it’s Chanel, so you know what to expect. Even though they don’t last very long on the lips, they do leave a slight tint behind once they’ve faded which is really nice. 

Have you tried this formula? What is your favourite colour? 

Lots of love, 

SFS.

1 comment

  1. Love the shades. You can never fail with Chanel .

    www.thelisasworld.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig