URBAN DECAY NAKED HEAT - A REVIEW


Omg, omg, omg! I can’t tell you how excited I am to own this!! If you read my recent makeup haul post, you will know that it was this palette that sparked my love for makeup again. I haven’t been this excited for a product in ages! I got in the post a couple of days ago and I literally ran down the stairs when the postman pressed the doorbell - and trust me, running down the stairs in my house is hard work, they are so steep! I quickly took these photos for the blog and went on to using it straight away. 

Orange, red and very warm shades in general have been my go to ever since I tried a couple of eyeshadows from Makeup Geek, particularly Cocoa Bear which is an eyeshadow I use every single day, so this palette literally screamed my name. I’ll be honest, I’ve never really been a fan of the Urban Decay Naked palettes. I own the first and the second and I hardly ever use them. I find that Urban Decay eyeshadows are super pigmented and creamy, but they always have so much kickback and fallout. This Heat palette does also have a lot of kickback, but no fallout! Did you read that? No. Fallout! I usually do my eyes before my face makeup anyway, but now I don’t have to worry about having makeup wipes near me because there is nothing to wipe away! Yaay :D


This packaging is also very different for urban Decay, it has a lot of colour and comes in a plastic case. It’s my favourite look out of all their palettes. It’s also very easy to wipe down if you get any makeup on it. The palette also comes with a double ended brush which I personally love. I know many people say that it’s too dense, but I love it for that exact reason. The domed side of the brush has become a staple for me, and I love using it to pack on colour in my outer crease. Personally I think the brush is a great addition to the palette.

Now, let’s move on to the shades. It has 12 shades in total, 5 shimmers and 7 mattes. A lot of people have said that they’re not a fan of the shimmers, but I absolutely love them! My favourite shimmer of them all is Dirty Talk, it’s a gorgeous metallic copper. I am yet to try using it with a wet brush, but even when dry it looks stunning. The mattes are all shades that I will use on a regular basis, however if I had to pick a favourite it would be Cayenne. It’s a very warm brown with a hint of orange. It reminds me a lot of Makeup Geeks Cocoa Bear which if you haven’t already noticed, I love! 

This is by far my favourite Urban Decay Naked palette and one I have been using every single day since it arrived. This will definitely become my go-to travel palette as it has every shade I would normally wear. The variety of looks you could get out of this palette is no joke. You can create a very subtle nude look, but you can also go all out with the copper shades, or even go for a really smokey evening look using the shades Ashes and Embre - these 3 different looks will be coming on the blog soon. Ember is such an unusual colour, I haven’t seen anything like it before, so, so stunning! This Heat palette will look great against every eye colour, especially blue and green, but hey, I have brown eyes and I love it just as much.

What are your thoughts on this palette? Are you a fan?
Lots of love, SFS.

4 comments

  1. I need this palette! It's beautiful!

    xx, The Makeup Feed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I have a post going up this Friday on 3 different looks using it, and I bloody love them all :) Thank you for reading x

      Delete
  2. I love this palette so much! It's definitely my favourite Naked palette too :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100%! And I love the fact that there's no fallout on the skin when you apply it. It was such a big issue for me with the previous Naked palettes xx

      Delete

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig