WHAT I GOT FOR CHRISTMAS 2016


Watching What I Got For Christmas videos is quite possibly one of my favourite things in the world. Come the 25th of December I’m already browsing YouTube trying to see if any videos have already been uploaded. I’m just so nosey and I love seeing how happy and appreciative everyone seems to be when showing what they got. I don’t see it as bragging at all, I just see it as someone being thankful. Since I don’t make videos on the ‘Tube, I thought I’d show you what I got through a blog post. I don’t know if it’s a common thing to do, but I wanted to do it anyway. Some of the pictures I took in London and some were taken in Bristol as my battery ran out when I was home and I didn’t take the charger with me, typical Sandra. They're also not the most artistic and blog worthy photos, so please bear with me!


I feel like as girls we always want to know what boyfriends got their girlfriends, so I’m gonna kick things off with what my other half got me. Yes, he got me a Gucci cardholder, and I mean, how gorgeous is it? I’m in love! He also did so well and picked up some loungewear from The White Company! I had been saying that I really wanted some comfies to wear around the house, and he picked up these two bits for me <3 He's the best!


Now moving on to what my parents got me, when I say parents I definitely mean my mum. My dad always looks just as surprised as me when I open up my presents haha. They got me some Ugg slippers, which I was so excited about! I wanted these for quite some time now. They’re the cosiest little things and nothing makes me happier than putting these on when I get home. They also got me two jumpers, one from All Saints and one from Jaeger, both stores had massive discounts on the lead up to Christmas which was amazing. Mum knows about my love for candles, so she got me one from Diptyque. It’s rose scented which I wouldn’t normally go for myself as I’m not a massive fan of roses, but I must admit that it smells divine! Along with that, she also picked up a lipgloss set from Laura Mercier. I’ve only ever tried bases and blushers from the brand, so it’s quite nice to give her lip products a go. I did ask for some skincare, so they got me the Sunday Riley Tidal moisturiser, the Kypris Antioxidant Dew serum and an eye cream from Goldfaden. I actually tried this eye cream a while back and fell in love with how moisturising it was.


My bother got me some cash and an electric toothbrush. His reaction when I told him I wanted an electric toothbrush was quite hilarious haha, he really didn’t believe me! All he kept saying was ‘come on, be serious, what do you want?’ ‘erm, an electric toothbrush’! Like I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I’ve been struggling with tooth pain, so I’m trying to take better care of my teeth to avoid these problems in the future hihi.


My little godson got me these cute little slippers. I’ve left them at my house in London so I have cosy footwear when I go back home. One of my friends got me a Yankee Candle, because she knows how much I love them! And two of my other friends got together and got me a Louboutin lipstick. How insane is the packaging? I couldn’t believe it when they gave it to me. So, so stunning!


And finally, from me to me, I got myself a pair of Dior Tribales earrings. I’ve had a rubbish couple of months, so I wanted to cheer myself up. Usually when spending so much money on something I feel really guilty after, but with these, all I felt was happiness haha. We all deserve to treat ourselves every once in a while. 

I was thoroughly spoiled and feel so, so lucky to have been gifted these amazing presents, but what I’m truly thankful for was being able to spend this special day with my loved ones. Me and my boyfriend had our car all packed up and ready to make the trip from Bristol to London and all of a sudden the ‘oil pressure’ indicator came on which meant we couldn’t carry on. It was very stressful and we both felt so gutted that there was a possibility we wouldn’t be able to make it home, but luckily Enterprise was still open and we managed to hire a car to make it to London. That’s what I’m truly thankful for! I have all my family still with me, I have a home to go to and plenty of food on the table. 

So many people have lost family members, so many people struggle to make ends meet, so many people don’t even have food, so it’s important to appreciate what truly matters in the middle of all this crazy gift-giving madness. I remember being 5 and getting a £1 doll for Christmas and my brother getting a 99p basketball set, and we were both over the moon! It’s sad to see that now we all spend so much money on people and there are some that still complain and aren’t satisfied. Be thankful for all you have, nothing is forever. And seeing as it's the 31st of December, I want to wish you all the very best for 2017! Don't be ashamed to set goals, it's nice to have something that motivates us! 

Follow me on Bloglovin'
Lots of love, SFS.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig