KKW BEAUTY LIP LINERS & NUDE CRÈME LIPSTICKS - REVIEW



As I mentioned in a previous post, I’ve been completely immersed in Allana’s channel. I’ve watched every single video that she’s uploaded in the last year, and also quite a few from the very beginning of her Youtube career. I’m honestly obsessed and need someone to hold an intervention! #help 

In so many of her videos she mentions the KKW Beauty lip liner in the shade 1.5 and of course, I had to have it. As the shipping to the UK was quite expensive ($14.95) and I knew I would have to pay customs, I ended up ordering a few more things. I ordered three lipsticks, one of which was a birthday present for a friend of mine, and two lip liners from the nude range. Shipping took around two weeks and I had to pay £23 for customs charge.


The lipstick packaging couldn’t be more on brand for Kim K, clear on the outside and nude on the inside. Very minimalistic. I went for shades 3 and 4 from the Nude Crème collection. The formula is very smooth and buttery, they feel so nice on the lips, not drying or uncomfortable at all. They’re not very long wearing, but the same can be said for almost every other buttery lipstick out there. You can’t have it all my friends. Shade 3 is my favourite of the two. On the website it’s described as a mid-tone terracota shade, and I would have to agree. It’s a gorgeous orangey-brown that definitely leans more on the orange side, but a beautiful nude. Shade 4 is a cool toned nude. I reach for this kind of shade a lot, it’s pretty much my go-to everyday nude. 

Onto the lip liners! I got shades Nude 1 and Nude 1.5 of course. Thank you Allana. Firstly I have to talk about the packaging. I’m not sure if my pencils are faulty, but the lids on them aren’t secure at all. They fall off every time I pick them up and it’s really annoying. I’m not sure the product will last very long with such a loose lid. I’m sure it will dry up quickly. Shame really because I love the product. Nude 1 I’d say is my favourite as it’s a lighter shade and easier to pull off on an everyday basis. Nude 1.5 is slightly darker and deeper, it really reminds me of MAC Stripdown. When swatched side by side I couldn’t tell them apart. Both KKW lip liners are really creamy and easy to apply and are super long wearing. 


Overall I am very impressed with these products. The lip liners would’ve made it into my everyday makeup bag if it weren’t for the faulty lids. I like that Kim K really thought of everyone when she came out with this colour range, the same can’t be said for many big brands out there. Have you tried anything from the brand? What are your thoughts?

Lots of love, 
SFS.

1 comment

  1. Love the shades! Very different than what I would go for cause I am more on the pale side ..

    www.thelisasworld.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig