AQUAZZURA CHRISTY FLATS


Shoes. What a beautiful word. For some reason that reminds me of a film. They didn’t use the word ’shoes’ but it’s definitely from a film. Can’t remember which one it was or the word they used... grr, so annoying when that happens haha. Now, I know that the word luxury has been getting quite a lot of bad press lately, but I just think that there is so much content out on the internet to cater to everybody’s interests, that I don’t see the point of leaving hate comments on somebody else's page over them wanting to spend money on designer items. It’s their money, they’re the ones working hard to earn it, so why can’t they spend it the way they want to? Aaah, the internet is a crazy place! So having said that, if designer goods aren’t your thing, look away now!


These Aquazzura Christy Flats have been on my wishlist for over a year and a half. I was going to buy them last summer but then one of my friends sent me a link to Lydia’s Best and Worst Designer Purchases video, where she put these shoes in the ‘worst’ category, so that kinda put me off. However, Spring came around again, and these shoes were still on my mind. Lydia mentioned in her video that the shoes looked tired after only wearing them a few times and that she was disappointed in how they wore, but I wanted to try them for myself. Just because something doesn’t work for someone, doesn’t mean it won’t work for you. So I went ahead and bought them. Not gonna lie, I did create a Farfetch account with my brothers e-mail to get a cheeky 10% discount haha. Don’t judge me!

When they first arrived I was most surprised to see a dark grey and white box. It’s my first every Aquazzura purchase, but all the unboxing videos I watched on YouTube all had a blue shoe box. The dust bag is still the same colour and it’s an actual dust bag, not a shopping tote bag, thank goodness! I got the shoes out in a hurry and quickly tried them on because my sizing is quite funny when it comes to designer brands, but I picked these up in a UK size 2 and they fit perfectly. The laces were wrapped together, and it did take a while for them to lose the curls and become straight. Some bits of the leather on the laces were also sticking out. I don’t really know how to describe it, but it’s like you could peel off parts of the leather. I thought it was a defect, but it still happens now, so I guess it’s normal.


Now, on to the shoes themselves. Like I said, sizing is perfect, so go with your usual size. They are super duper comfortable and they did not rub me at all! I had read somewhere that you need to tie the laces up quite tight as they can become undone, and I definitely agree with that, you do need to give them a good tug for them to stay in place.

As far as the shoe looking tired, I have to say I haven’t found that to be true yet. I can imagine that for people with wide feet like Lydia mentioned, it can happen, but if your feet are narrow like mine, they will hold their shape quite well. Personally I don’t mind when the leather creases a bit due to wear, I think it looks quite cute, but if you don’t want that, they also do this shoe in suede, so you can always opt for that as it won’t crease as much as soft leather. 

At first I found it quite bizarre for me to wear a pointy flat shoe. I think I mentioned this in my Nicholas Kirkwood post, but I was never much of a flat shoe girl. I’ve always been a heels, converse or sandals girl. So to wear a flat shoe, with a pointy toe, felt very unusual to me. Every time I wore these shoes and looked down at my feet, I never felt like myself, but recently they’ve been the shoe I reach for the most.


With all the excitement of the unboxing, I completely forgot about the famous quote inside the Aquazzura shoe box. How cute is it?! Absolutely love the detail :) All in all, I am 100% happy that I bought these, my only regret is that I didn’t buy them last summer haha. I have now got a massive love affair with Aquazzura and I have so many shoes by them on my wishlist. As you know if you read my blog, I’ve just moved house and spent quite a hefty amount of money on deposit, and new furniture and stuff, so I can’t go crazy on shoes, but be ready to see me talking about more Aquazzura shoes in future posts.

What’s your opinion on the whole ‘luxury’ items topic?
Lots of love, SFS.

3 comments

  1. Love these shoes! I have a pair just like 'em!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so comfy, can't get over it :) Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  2. This is very interesting. thanks for that. we need more sites like this. i commend you on your great content and excellent topic choices.
    shoes for men in pakistan

    ReplyDelete

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig