IGK - MY HAIR HEROES


IGK was a brand that was introduced to me through YouTube. Many youtubers were posting about them a few years ago and their packaging always stood out to me. With SpaceNK being one of my favourite beauty shops ever, I was delighted to find this brand there. After browsing around for a bit I was so stuck on what to get, because quite frankly I wanted to buy everything. Their scent was what sold me on their products initially, a gorgeous coconut-y smell that isn’t overpowering or too much, it’s more like a fresh coconut scent on a hot summer evening after the beach when there’s a cool breeze. Did that even make sense? Over the last few years I have tried a lot from the brand but here are my top 3 products. 

I’ll start with the product I use first after washing my hair, their Thirsty Girl Leave In Conditioner. This comes in a spray form and you have to shake it before spraying onto damp hair. I personally like using this as detangling spray as I find that it does an amazing job of getting rid of tangles and makes me brushing my hair a walk in the park. But it is very hydrating and helps inject some serious moisture into your tresses.


I then go in with Mistress. This used to be marketed as a leave in conditioner but is now marketed as a hair balm which I think is much more suited to the product. It does come out as a balm and it gets rid of any frizz and smoothes out the hair while giving it shine and hydration. I use this both on damp hair before styling, but also on dry hair after styling to smooth out any unruly bits. The smells of this product is just beyond incredible! I’ve had so many people compliment me on how nice my hair smells when I use this. What can I say, I'm in love with the coco!

And lastly, their First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo is a delight to use after a workout. Not gonna lie, being a cabin crew, the name of the product is what made me buy it haha, but it’s actually so amazing. It feels very heavy duty at first, very thick and dry, but that feeling quickly goes and leaves my locks feeling smooth and smelling like coconut-y goodness. 

I love that most of their products also come in a smaller version which is great for travel, but also for people who want to try the brand and don’t to commit to a full size. What have you tried from the brand? 

Lots of love, 
SFS.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig