THE LAST 10 YEARS



As we enter a new decade I think it’s nice to take some time to look back, to see what we’ve accomplished and to see how far we’ve come. I’ve seen a lot of hate for these types of posts on social media, and to be honest, everyone just needs to mind their own business. If someone wants to look back and reflect on the decade they’ve had and see all the great things they’ve accomplished, let them! We tend to only focus on our failures and think a lot about the things that went wrong and how shit we are at things, but if we just take a moment to look back over the years, we will realise that actually we have so much to celebrate. Quite frankly I really need a pick me up after a very crappy, difficult month, so here are some of my favourite achievements of the last decade. 

  • Started dating the love of my life <3 
  • Was offered a languages teaching assistant position at the collage I attended. Made me feel great that my teachers thought so highly of me that they were looking forward to having me teach alongside them.
  • Getting my childhood dream job. I always wanted to be a cabin crew and making it happen in 2010 was a dream come true. 
  • Going to Germany on my own to attend a training course. I had never traveled outside of the UK and Portugal on my own, so this was a very big deal to me.
  • Moving out of my parents house at the age of 19. Having my own place and my own independence was something I always wanted, and making it happen at such a young age made me feel so happy and like I had my shizz together. P.S I didn't.
  • Traveled all over Europe and also outside of Europe. I know so many people never get to travel, so having visited so many places already makes me feel very proud.
  • Took a solo trip to Tenerife on my days off. As someone with anxiety I never thought I would be able to go on holiday by myself, but I did. It was a bit strange at dinnertime though LOL.
  • Got promoted to a Cabin Service Supervisor. I mean, wow. 
  • Also got promoted to a Line Checker. Again, wow.
  • Bought my first ever pair of designer shoes, which then lead to a bit of an obsession.
  • Bought my first ever designer handbag.
  • Passed my theory test first time round and with great results too! Will always remember how nervous I was sitting the test haha.
  • Also passed my driving text first time with only 2 driving faults. WTH?! Beyond proud of myself. It was a 9am test which was super busy and my test lasted over an hour, so to only get 2 driving faults was quite impressive. I will NEVER forget how I felt after passing. I felt elated and honestly, if I could bottle a feeling to experience again, it would be that one. Pure happiness and pride!
  • Traveled with my mum and brother. That was something I always wanted to do since I was a kid (with my dad too but he couldn’t get time off work.)
  • I got my first car! It was actually purchased a week before I sat my driving test haha. That gave me some motivation I think.
  • I got engaged! THREE TIMES! To the most amazing man on this planet <3
  • We got our first dog. This was such a big dream of mine. She’s everything I could have ever hoped for and more!

I’m sure there are many more things, but these are the ones that immediately came to mind. To some of you this may not be a lot, however, with my background, some of these things I never thought would be possible, but yet here we are. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I did have some incredible lows, however, I prefer to focus on these highs! :)

If you’re not feeling quite yourself lately, I suggest you whack out a pen and paper and start listing the things you’ve accomplished over the last decade and see how far you’ve come. I’m sure you’ve done some great things!

Lots of love, 
SFS.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig