WINTER SKINCARE ROUTINE 2018


Hello loves! It’s been a while since I’ve done an updated skincare routine post and I have changed a lot of the products I use, so I thought it was time I do another one.

Let’s start off with what I use in the morning. I sometimes skip washing my face with soap and water and I’ll go straight in with Bioderma on some cotton pads or with my Pixi Glow Tonic. But on the mornings where I can be bothered, I do a proper cleanse using my Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser to get rid of any dirt or oil that’s on my face. Then I’ll use the Pixi Glow Tonic on a cotton pad to exfoliate my skin and give it a nice, healthy glow. This product is seriously amazing. If you’ve never tried it, please do! It’s not harsh at all and doesn’t tingle, so if you’re scared of using acids on your face, this is a good one to start with.

Then I go in with my Dior Hydra Life Eye Cream. This was a discovery I made a few months ago and I have to say it’s taken the place of the Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment. I thought I was never going to find something better, but this Dior cream did the trick. I am a massive fan of the Dior Hydra Life range in general, so I was almost certain I was going to like the eye cream too. It’s very hydrating, but feels light on the skin and also sinks in very quickly. 

After eye cream I apply a few drops of the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum all over my face and neck. I used to love this product a few years ago, but I wanted to explore and discover other things at the time, so I never thought about buying it again until recently. I love how it keeps the spots away. Like literally, no spots in sight when I use this product. And yes, even though the product says 'night', I do also use this in the morning.

My moisturiser of choice right now is the Elemis Hydra-Boost Day Cream. I love the packaging, I find it so hygienic and practical to use. It smells like their papaya enzyme peel which is just a joy to smell first thing in the morning. In the evening I’ll sometimes layer the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate Oil over the top of this cream, or I’ll just use the oil on its own. It really depends on my mood and how my skin is feeling.

The star of the show for me though, is the Simple Cleansing Oil. MAC's Cleanse Off Oil is one of my favourite products ever, it melts makeup so effortlessly and it doesn’t leave a film on my face. And although it’s not that expensive considering it’s a high end brand, I did find it a bit much for something that was going to be washed away immediately, so I found this Simple one at Asda and decided to give it a go and I bloody love it! It performs in the exact same way as the MAC cleansing oil, the only difference is that it has a scent. It almost smells like sunflower oil, which I’m not too keen on, but it doesn’t bother me to the point where I wouldn’t want to use it. Honestly guys, if you haven’t tried a cleansing oil, please do! It takes off your makeup in 2 minutes. It’s life changing!

So that was it for my winter skincare routine. I will admit that I don’t always follow all these steps, sometimes I’ll just cleanse my face and use my body cream as a moisturiser, but on most days I do try to be good and treat my skin to the very best. If you have dry skin, I would highly recommend these products. They’ve helped my skin through these cold months and my skin is looking pretty good, if I do say so myself :-)

Lots of love, SFS.

1 comment

  1. The Estée Lauder advanced night repair is so good!

    www.thelisasworld.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sandra F. Silva

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig